Description: The synagogue, built between 1861 and 1863, is an outstanding example of Hungarian Romantic architecture and one of the largest such buildings in Europe. The temple includes both Neo-Romanesque and Romantic elements. This is the only surviving synagogue in the city and the only still-functioning synagogue of Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén County. Its Kazinczy Street facade has a rose window and narrow Gothic windows. The synagogue has three aisles. The women's balcony is supported by slim iron pillars decorated with Gothic Revival and Neo-Byzantine elements. The wall paintings feature ornamental an Eastern design. The Exhibition Hall consists of two rooms museum that commemorate the history of the Miskolc Jewish community. One room commemorates the events of the Holocaust in Miskolc, and the other shows scenes from everyday Jewish life in Miskolc prior to the murders.