Founded by Maurice Fitzgerald in 1253, destroyed by fire in 1414, rebuilt in its present form; the Abbey was burned in 1642 and everything valuable in it was destroyed. Much of the structure, including the choir, carved altar and cloisters remain.
cliffs in Western Ireland, on the Atlantic shore52.936111-9.470833
city in Ireland53.271944-9.048889
town in County Donegal, Ireland54.9566-7.7203
main town in county Sligo, Ireland54.2667-8.4833
city in Ireland in the province of Munster52.6652-8.6238
county in Ireland54.917-8