This is a Roman Catholic parish church. Locally it is often referred to as "Red Church", because of its red roof. The church was built between 1816 and 1823, in late Baroque style with some Neoclassical elements; the altar and the pulpit are late Neoclassical. The first public clock of the city was in the church's tower. The rectangular sanctuary of this two naves church, covered with 'Czech-cap' vault.