This impressive bone church, is better known as the Sedlec Ossuary. The beginning of its story date back to 1278, when Henry, the abbot of Sedlec was sent to the Holy Land. On returning, he brought soil from Golgotha and sprinkled it on the ground here. As a consequence, the burial ground was considered holy and became extremely popular. In 1511 a chapel was constructed to house the bones from abolished graves. The chapel is open to the public, and contains the bones of about 40,000 people, arranged by František Rint in 1870. Rint's work includes an enormous chandelier including every bone in the body, and a crucifix style arrangement near the main altar. The ossuary is open 8am - 6pm (April - September), 9am - 5pm (October, March) and 9am - 4pm (November - February). Closed on 24th December. It is no longer closed noon-1 pm during the off season, though the nearby information center is. Admission is 60 Kč adults and 40 Kč students, though combination packages can be purchased to see other attractions more cheaply. The fee to take photos and videos has either been ended or is now merely ignored.