A church with important political symbolism in Germany. This was the seat of the first democratically elected parliament in Germany in 1848. Here the revolutionaries wrote the 1848 constitution that sadly was never put into effect. Like most historic buildings in the city centre, it was destroyed during World War II, but was also among the first buildings to be rebuilt after 1945 (with different interior). Today the building is used as a memorial site and an event centre, including hosting the awarding of the Peace Prize of the German Book Trade.