Mindszent was a separate small settlement in the Middle Age, around 1880 united with Miskolc. The church was built on site of a smaller medieval chapel between 1728-1743. The two slender tower of its got in hundred years later. Inside of the church there are beautiful Baroque paintings and statues. Its altarpieces depicting St Peter and St Paul (at the high altar), the Virgin Mary, St Joseph, St Ladislaw, St Stephen paintings were done in 1855 and 1879. The Baroque statue of Mary with the jar (1739) stands before the church. A small Calvary shrine can be found not far from the church; it was consecrated by the Archbishop of Eger in 1864.