The city is a location for automobile manufacturing by BMW and Porsche in large plants north of the city. In 2011 and 2012 DHL transferred the bulk of its European air operations from Brussels Airport to Leipzig/Halle Airport. Kirow Ardelt AG, the world market leader in breakdown cranes, is based in Leipzig. The city also houses the European Energy Exchange, the leading energy exchange in Central Europe. With VNG – Verbundnetz Gas AG, one of Germany's large natural gas suppliers is headquartered at Leipzig. In addition, inside its larger metropolitan area, Leipzig has developed an important petrochemical center.
- Blüthner: piano-manufacturing
- Future Electronics
- Porsche Diamond, the customer center building of Porsche Leipzig
- BMW production facility in Leipzig
- Amazon in Leipzig
- Leipzig is the hub of DHL
- Headquarters of the Sparkasse Leipzig bank
- Tourism in and around Leipzig plays a significant role. The photo shows the Markkleeberger See.
- Leipzig is a well known shopping destination (picture shows the Höfe am Brühl)
Your notes (private)
What's on your mind? (you can type here notes just for you and they will show on your dashboard)
Information for getting there
When someday comes you'll need to get in.
Information for getting around
When someday comes you'll need to be able to get around.
Your tips and questions
Let us know your best tips about Leipzig.